Thursday, April 21, 2005

I Owe my Soul to the Company Store

Yesterday, Jorge Arbusto signed the Bankruptcy Reform Act into law as he had vowed. Who says he doesn't keep his promises to the people who put him into office? Heart of Her Husband has some great posts here and here about the implications of this "reform" for middle America. To celebrate, I tuned into Fox News just to count the number of mortgage refinancing commercials the "Fair and Balanced" channel was running. Yes, that sound you hear is someone losing another home to Dietech. Now, if you excuse me I need to compose some morally superior post telling women that they need to quit their jobs to stay home with their children, no matter how much it hurts financially. I am a "family friendly" Republican, after all...

No comments: