Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Marvelous!

I just received my first order from The Bulk Herb Store, which is now online. I had been meaning to order from them for years, so when they unveiled their new site, I placed an order immediately.

My only regret is that I didn’t start ordering from them sooner. Their products are fantastic! I ordered Mama’s Red Raspberry Brew and St. John’s Wort, and received my order within a week of placing it. The packaging was impeccable. Each of the 1 lb. bags of herbs were packaged in heavy-duty ziptop bags, clearly-labeled with exact ingredients, and mailed in a clean, crisp cardboard box which perfectly fit the packages. The peppermint in the pre-mixed tea is making our whole apartment smell divine, and the tea tastes as good and fresh as it smells.

I also appreciate how easy their website is to use. The site is easy to navigate, and the products are clearly and methodically described. The Pearls offer plenty of articles and other resources for those new to herbalism, and recommend several books for further reading.

Be warned, however, that if you haven’t seen a full pound of herbs it will surprise you. I am used to paying supermarket prices for tiny amounts of herbal tea, and I was flat out gobsmacked when I opened the (heavy) package and realized that it was full of what will surely be a year’s worth of tea. What a blessing for such a thrifty price!

No comments: